- The main responsibility of the team manager is to deliver the project on time with the resources that he/she have. TM must always try to provide a clear view of what is the projects current status, and in addition must communicate any issues that might arise.
- You are the primary contact person for the project, so always frequently check your email. In addition, you need to make sure the client knows that you have received it, and that you respond accordingly. If you cannot answer the question/message immediately and you still need to discuss this with the team, then respond when you will be able to send your response. :-)
- In starting a project, always try to know what are the things you need.., requirements (does the team clearly understand it?) Anything missing, that you need to know?
- Do a daily Stand-Up Meeting, this will keep all members of the team in-the-loop of what's happening.
- Reward a members effort, a simple thank you will go a long way...
- Be fair
More to come soon, need to work again... hehe